1,161

How I Can Afford My Life Of Constant Travel

Me on the Great Ocean Road

I’m confused.

I’m simply confused as to how it’s possible that I have so far failed to properly explain how I’ve managed to travel/live/work abroad nonstop for 12 years straight (and counting).

The questions are still pouring in every single day: How do you do it? How is it possible to travel for so long? Where does the money come from?

And while I thoroughly enjoy communicating with readers (I’m being completely serious and encourage you all to continue sending your emails to me as often as you wish), the fact that these very questions are on the minds of so many of you out there has led me to believe that I need to do a better job at providing the answers.

While it’s true that I’ve already written plenty of posts on the matter, clearly all of these posts, even as one collective entity, still fall well short of proving that a life of travel is not some crazy fantasy but a perfectly reasonable and easily attainable lifestyle option instead.

I’ve even referred to other travelers who are out there living a similar nomadic lifestyle, but apparently, that hasn’t been enough either.

So what am I to do?

How do I prove, once and for all, that you do not need $500,000 or even $50,000 in your bank account, that if you are able to scrounge together $500 bucks, there’s little stopping you from becoming a full-time nomad. I’m not joking here. After all, this is exactly what I’ve done myself. Okay, I first left home with $1500 to my name but that’s not exactly a fortune either.

I’m not going to give up trying, so here’s another attempt to show you how I’ve managed to live a life of constant travel.

The following is a brief summary of the past 12 years of my life. It is a timeline of sorts that details where I’ve been, what I’ve been doing and where my money has come from at all times. Ultimately, it shows just how one ordinary person has so far managed to fund 4,195 days straight of traveling and living abroad.

Dead Cities in Syria

THE TIMELINE

December 25, 1999:

• Left home and flew to Bangkok with $1500 in my bank account
  • Planned to spend 3 months traveling around Southeast Asia

March 2000

• Decided to officially extend my trip despite having only $500 left to my name
  • Taught English in Chiang Mai, Thailand, earning approximately $150 USD per week (more than enough to live well in this city at the time)

October 2000

• Returned to the US with $300 in my account (after paying for the flight home)
  • Spent 2 months in Boston working as a high school substitute teacher
  • Saved $2500 during this time

January 2001

• Returned to Asia and spent 12 months traveling through Thailand, Burma, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and Australia
  • While in India, volunteered as an English teacher for 3 months in exchange for room and board
  • Stayed with friends for 3 months in Thailand and taught English once again in Chiang Mai
  • Lived with friends for 2 months in Australia, which kept my expenses quite low
  • Returned to the US with no money at all

February 2002

• Through a contact, I applied to work on board cruise ships
  • Landed a job as a Tour Staff with Carnival Cruise Lines
  • Worked on board two different ships during one 8-month contract
  • Saved $8000 during this time and then decided not to return for another contract

November 2002

• Traveled to Australia for 4 months

February 2003

• With $4000 in the bank, I spent two months living with a friend in Los Angeles
  • Found a short-term job at an advertising company through a temp agency
  • Worked for two months and left LA with $5000 in the bank

April 2003

• Traveled to Thailand, Bangladesh and India

Norwegian Cruise Lines

September 2003

• Landed a job as a Tour Manager for Norwegian Cruise Lines
  • Worked two contracts on board ships located in Hawaii and the South Pacific
  • Traveled to Europe during my 6-week vacation between contracts
  • Saved $20,000 by the end of my second contract

July 2004

• Spent 7 months traveling to Europe, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Afghanistan

March 2005

• With $10,000 still in my account, decided to work two more contracts as a Tour Manager for Norwegian Cruise Lines
  • Saved an additional $20,000 during these contracts
  • Traveled to Europe during my 2-month vacation in between contracts

December 2005

• Traveled for 8 months to South America, Europe and India

La Boca, Buenos Aires

September 2006

• Was offered a job with Cunard Line (cruise line based out of the UK)
  • Worked as a Tour Manager on board the Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth 2 ocean liners
  • Spent 18 months with Cunard, saving over $3300 per month
  • Traveled through Europe, Caribbean, Mexico, the Middle East and SE Asia during my vacations in between contracts

April 2008

• Traveled back to India for 3 months

July 2008

• Worked one final two-month contract for Cunard Line, saving an additional $6000

September 2008

• Left Cunard (with more than enough money saved up by now) and moved to Australia
  • Spent five months in Melbourne working on creating online streams of income

December 2008

• Sold my first eBook online
  • Continued working on promoting my eBook while creating a second eBook to sell
  • Began earning some income through affiliate marketing

February 2009

• Spent six weeks in Thailand
  • Volunteered and traveled in India for six weeks
  • Visited Italy for a few weeks

Tuscany, Italy

June 2009

• Traveled through Central America and Mexico, finishing the trip by renting an apartment in Sayulita, Mexico
  • Continued working on my online projects
  • Income from my online projects reached $1000 per month for the first time

December 2009

• Moved to the Caribbean coast of Mexico and rented an apartment in Playa del Carmen, where I spent more time working on my online projects
  • Officially launched WanderingEarl.com

September 2010

• Spent 6 months traveling around the Middle East, Australia and Southeast Asia

April 2011

• Returned to Playa del Carmen (where I am currently living) in order to catch up on work
  • Reached $2500+ per month in online income through the sales of three eBooks I’ve authored and through my efforts with affiliate marketing

Right Now

• Planning some new adventures for later this year, including a most interesting 30 day train challenge for the month of September (more details to come in my next post)
  • Life as a permanent nomad continues

And that’s all there is to it. The truth of the matter is…

$2500 per month, and even $1000 or $1500 per month, is more than sufficient to achieve a lifestyle that involves extensive travel. It really doesn’t take much. Some teaching English here, some cruise ship work there, some internet marketing in your spare time and VOILA!

And this is only a tiny fraction of the opportunities to earn money while traveling that exist out there. Once you realize this, you’ll also realize that luck, miracles and having an overflowing bank account play no role whatsoever in allowing you to achieve your travel goals.

All you need is the courage to take the first step and a mind that is open to trying new experiences!

***If you want to create your own life of travel, you may be interested in my new project – How to Live a Life of Travel.

This one resource will teach you everything you need to know. Be sure to check it out!***

Follow Along! If you enjoy what you've read so far, please consider following along via Email -- RSS -- Twitter -- Facebook as I continue to prove that a life of constant travel is not as crazy an idea as it may sound.

Want to live a life of travel as well? Be sure to check out these useful travel resources!
This entry was posted in Work & Travel. Bookmark the permalink.

1,161 Responses to How I Can Afford My Life Of Constant Travel

1. raych says:

hi Earl, a quick question, if you don’t mind – does that mean you have little savings? I’ve no doubt it’s possible to travel on “small funds” but what happens when you need money after you “settle down” in future? Say if you get married, buy a house, have children…
    Or do you belong to the camp of “cross the bridge when you get to it, things will work out”?

2. Your story is truly an inspiration. You live in playa del carmen? haha ill be there in 9 days :D.

I just sold all of my stuff and am new to travel blogging and am about to backpack central and south america with only about 5 thousand to my name. I have been looking into cruise ship work. I was wondering if you need previous experience to get most of the jobs?

I will definitely have to pick up your eBook in the next few months when im getting close to end of my trip and looking for cruise ship jobs. Sounds like working on a cruise ship is an amazing experience.

Hey Brendan – Have a great trip to Playa! I actually don’t live there any more…I was living there from 2010-2011 but since that time I’ve mostly been around Europe (although I’m in India right now). As for cruise ship work, you don’t need previous cruise experience at all. It’s more important to have some kind of work/education experience that can be related to one of the positions offered on ships. It doesn’t have to be an exact match though. As long as there are some similarities between your past work and the cruise job you wish to apply for, that’s usually sufficient.

3. Vicki says:

Hi! I read this article and noticed you worked on the QE2 for a while. I was wondering if perhaps you had ever been to Ascension Island during this time?

Hey Vicki – I never was at Ascension while on the QE2. I was sent from the QM2 to the QE2 just for 6 weeks to cover another Tour Manager’s vacation and we were in Iceland/Norway almost the entire time.

4. Dave Yuhas says:

Constant Travel? The headline is misleading, to say the least. That is unless you count the months of work time as “travel.”

Hey Dave – I do count the months of work as travel. To me, travel is time spent away from your home country and since my work was on board cruise ships, in which I was visiting several countries per week, I’d say I was definitely traveling during that time.

5. I started with Cartagena for a week. That was my first time in a Hostel! Travelers would ask me: How long are you traveling for? Uhhmm One week! I would answer. The following summer I went on a one-way trip to Peru and visited Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Panama and Mexico… All under 1500 USD. Got hooked and just came back from Brasil from a 4 month trip. Now I am not hooked anymore, I’m obsessed. I just want to finish school and leave again. Indefinitely. Thank you so much for this info.

6. Bro! You are my hero!
    I think the one thing that you didn’t mention, and this is only because I’m positive that you are an extremely humble guy, is that there is no doubt you were hyper personable, caring, giving, loving and more than willing to go with the flow in any situation and have a huge smile on your face while doing it. Your energy is probably addicting to say the least…

With the right energy one might be able to just about anything. Taking that first step is often hard but, as you have proven, once you do, more than likely you will discover things that you never knew were possible.

Perhaps we’ll cross paths at some point. Would love to share a cold beer and some conversation with you.

Keep it up brother!
    Cheers,
    B

7. Juan says:

Hey bro, i travelled for a year and i seriously loved it, but now im at uni and i fucking hate being back home with all the rules, the peolple that really dont understand u and all that shit, and u really inspired me to make a life of travels! So, how can i get a job in a cruise, give me a hand bru! cheers…
    Ps: i love Sayulita bru

8. Coolmon says:

I found your website at StumbleUpon; I must say you get around. You are young and living your dream. Nice post and website.

9. Stephanie says:

I agree totally on the matters of money for living abroad! I was raised in Switzerland and went to Berlin to improve my German when I was 19 years old. It was only supposed to be for 1 month, before starting college. That was before falling in love with Berlin but with the realisation that I only had 200 euro in my bank account! The first few months were very tough, I did horrible jobs because I couldn’t speak German well and Berlin doesn’t have a lot of jobs anyway. But because I barely had enough money to eat, I was motivated enough to find work and within 1 1/2 month I found an acceptable full time job and a room in a shared flat. I ve been living for 5 years now in Berlin and when I look back, I know that I only succeeded because I had so little money! I have a few swiss friends who also tried to move to Berlin but they kept receiving help from their parents and snobbed jobs because it wouldn’t of course be a swiss salary. After 6months-1 years of literally not doing anything, they finally had to move back to Switzerland. I always tell 1 thing when people want to travel: do not think that you’re too good for a job when going to another country & do not expect to get the same kind of jobs or salary when travelling.
    Moving to Berlin at 19 with 200 euro with no experience about life was the most daring thing I ever did and I can already see myself at 80 years old looking back at my life and thinking “how the hell did I managed that??”. I’m more than happy in Berlin and have no reason to leave for the moment, but because of what I did when I was 19, I know that I could easly move to another country in the future without being scared.

Great blog and I’m happy to hear about someone having so much fun travelling as you!

Hey Stephanie – That’s quite a story and a great example of how to make your dreams a reality even without having much money to begin with! Thank you for sharing and I just might have to be in touch the next time I’m in Berlin!

10. Anya says:

If I wanted to travel like you, is it possible to travel during the summer and still go to college or do you have to consistently move around?

11. Lauren says:

I envy the life you live. Would love to be able to travel around the world.

12. James says:

this is the most remarkable thing i’ve ever heard. i’ve always dreamed of becoming a traveler or nomad and this website gives me hope. i am amazed by your courage and confidence living all over the world. keep inspiring the youth, you prove you dont have to fall in line to live happily.
    regards

13. I would like to thank you for all the wonderful content you supply here. This site has truly inspired me to attain all my dreams of travel. You are truly doing a great service to those who originally thought it impractical to travel the world. Look forward to continue following your site.

14. Good for you – BRAVO! Travel is such a great way to expand one’s horizons, both physically and mentally, in learning about other peoples and cultures.

15. Pingback: How I Can Afford My Life Of Constant Travel – Wandering Earl « WebyScope

16. theJourney says:

What a great story! All that’s needed is courage, imagination and will to persevere! Life does not has to be boring, mundane nor conventional. I’m inspired :)

17. Mandy says:

Wow – wonderfully insightful – thank you for sharing this! I know some “nomadic” travelers are very peculiar about who and what they share about their income streams. Thanks for being so open!!

18. Juliann says:

Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing your story and your tips.

19. Thanks StumbleUpon which led me to your page. I instantly liked “How I Can Afford My Life of Constant Travel”. You are candid and vivid in your travel tales and you offer a lot of ‘side dishes’ like kidnapping in Bangladesh or going Shillong, India for recovery of your US$ 2,500 while gaining or losing more in the process.

I travel myself, more and less in your style. I have been to 57 countries but my dream of pushing it to 100 may not be realized. First, I am 70 and have lost the luster. Second, I am required to obtain prior-visa for almost all countries and border-hoping is a forbidden fruit for me.

I hope I would make it up for a virtual travel through your description.

20. Calogero says:

You lucky and a good man! And… 1. where your photos in this page? I like the first, the second, the fourth and the fifth ones! 2. I am on Twitter, You Tube and Facebook too – and also on StumbleUpon and Google +.

21. Kyle says:

Amazing stuff man. I often wonder how people got to where they are now and you really laid it out. I’ve started my own blog to hopefully be able to achieve the full-time travel life I want as well and it’s great to see the path you took. Hope to be joining you in perpetual travels soon! Cheers

22. Ryan Miller says:

Hey Earl,
    I’ve been looking to travel for some time. I feel as if it is my calling. besides the need or want to help people, I don’t think I’ve experienced anything stronger… so i have a few questions for you.
    The first would be: How indepth of an understanding of the other cultures’ language do you have to have to teach English, is there any degrees involved in such a thing, and how exactly do you go about finding such a job?
    Second would be one I am interested in: Do you need to have any prerequisites to work aboard a cruise ship, and do you know which ones that offer good chances of hire?
    Third would be a question that I’ve been wanting to know for many reasons: How do you go about acquiring a work permit for other countries, and do you have to obtain a work permit for each country separately?
    Finally, do you have any personal recommendations for places to visit?
    Hope you get back to me, and if you do- thank you for your time.
    _Ryan

Hey Ryan = Thanks for commenting! And my suggestion would be to take a look at my latest eBook: How to Live a Life of Travel

It will answer every one of your questions in complete detail and fully prepare you to achieve your travel goals. I think you’ll find the material to be quite useful!

23. Erika says:

You live the life I often dream of! I totally agree that long-term travel can be manageable and I admire your efforts to make it a reality. So many people think you have to be rich to travel–that’s not true! It’s amazing how many people will go out and buy a sports car or eat at fancy restaurants daily and then wonder how some have the money to travel.

24. geoff says:

Earl. here is a challenge for you. put yourself in Australia, Brisbane, Sydney etc. with no return ticket.

you have no money from your previous country you were in, you have no visa to be able to work in Australia, (although as a usa person you probably would be able too)

How long will it take you to get out of this country.

I am trying to get out of Australia for a European adventure trip, the cost to get a simple return ticket to europe is huge. over $2000 AUD

you try Earl

Hey Geoff – Well, first, I wouldn’t put myself in a situation where I had no money in a country where I couldn’t work :)

But if I was in such a situation, I would get a job anywhere I could or get a working holiday visa for NZ. And you have to be reasonable…if you’re in such a situation, a European adventure isn’t realistic in the near future. Why not save enough to get to Asia where you can work again (teach English), save some more and then head to Europe?

25. Harsh says:

This sounds amazing… I would be delight to meet you, next time whenever you come to india..

26. Emily says:

Your story is amazing, I cant imagine a life of a ‘secure’ job, Im only 16, so everyone keeps going on about how im supposed to know what I want to do forever.. , Ill scrape through college just to get a degree under my belt:) But you have really inspired me and I really want to travel, but Im worried about safety, I dont have anyone to travel with. Would it be safe for a young woman to travel alone? Or should I try and get travelling companions or something else. Is it dangerous in places like India, I would imagine, or is it possible to stay in safe areas only. :) thanks, its great to know that it is possible. Also, although you have discussed work permits and stuff like that, if I worked as a waiter or other tax paying jobs would I need a new visa/permit for every country? and how do you deal with language issues, obviously you cant speak the same language as everyone, do a lot of countries speak english well?

Hey Emily – The world is much safer than we think and you can easily travel alone. Have a read of this post: Please Don’t Be Afraid To Travel On Your Own

As for work visas, it all depends on the work you do and the country. And with languages, English is so widely spoken these days, in every corner of the globe, that language barriers really aren’t something to worry about.

27. Dylan Greene-Taub says:

hi my names Dylan, I think I just left a detailed comment here a minute ago lol, but I dont see it so im not sure if it went through…. anyway I just wanted to let your know how inspired I am by the work that you are doing and lifetsyle choice you have made. I am so extremely passionate about many of the same things that you discuss and blog about and your work puts motivation and spirit back into my dream of travelling the world for a life as well! Right now im 21 living on Long Island, NY with my parents and just graduated with an associates degree from suffolk county community college, as for work I currently have a number of part time obs for myself giving me income for my car and other bills I have to pay in my life. I have so much to ask you but I can’t write a book on the comment page hahaha, so I really hope that you will let me talk with you a little more indepth and detailed about travelling (via e-mail or something) and maybe some of your interesting stories as well. Until next time I am glad to be able to call you a new friend in spirit and wish you the safest of travels and this entire post is also a toast to the next life changing adventure you go on.

Namaste,
    Dylan

28. karthik says:

i am so inspired by u earl ! i am from india and i want to travel a lot like u but i have a few questions regarding travellers from india how they can manage money in dollars as we get very little value in dollars and we dont get jobs as an esl teachers and do u know any lifelong travellers from india? as most of the travel blogs are from north american travellers
    waiting for your reply

29. Joshua Chester says:

Quick question, I am sure the answer is really networking and just having desirable qualities but how do you find these jobs while abroad? If you could describe your interactions or what you personally did that helped you get the jobs that would be great. Also any tips

Hey Joshua – It is all about networking and talking to as many people as you can. I learned about teaching English from another traveler I met and I also learned about working on board cruise ships from someone I met while overseas. And that was all it took. Also, the more you travel, the more people you naturally meet and as a result, the more opportunities you hear about and the more beneficial connections you make!

As for specific tips about how to get such jobs or what kinds of work you can find while traveling, you might want to check out my eBook: How to Live a Life of Travel

30. Ania says:

Thanks for posting such a thorough outline! I’m living a little vicariously through your blog. Though with all this travel and never staying in one place too long, how do you maintain romantic relationships, if at all? I think that’s a big barrier to a lot of people who would maybe otherwise live this lifestyle.

He Ania – Romantic relationships are not early as difficult to maintain as one might imagine. I am fortunate to meet like-minded people all the time, new people every single day. And when I meet someone I want to spend more time with I have the flexibility to throw down my bag, stay in one place and see if it works out. Sure, there are challenges, but there are challenges with any kind of relationship and I do believe that my chances of meeting someone who I can truly connect with is much higher while doing something that I love (travel) than if I were back home limiting myself to only those around me.

31. Ana says:

You are so lucky! Well done. You do need the right passport to do what you do. But you know what they say…good luck is good karma from your past. You’ve certainly done something good somewhere. Lived as the wife of an expat since 2005. Staying put now in the UK to get my UK passport as it has been a nightmare traveling on my current passport. Well done you!

32. Pingback: Wana’ Be A Permanent Nomad? Start Here. Lucid Tomorrow

33. Ali says:

Wow thats an amazing story. However one can really only do that if one has no family and kids that go to school. I hope for you that you are not only getting this freedom by the expense of being on your own…Finding a partner that wants to have this kind of lifestyle for years on end is not that easy right?

However, I still think that what you are doing is amazing. As long as it brings you happiness…thats the key.

34. Helen Anna says:

It drives me absolutely bonkers when people think travel must be expensive.

35. Helena says:

Keep it up!

36. Keith Anderson says:

Good posts thank you for sharing this. I’ve worked as an ESL teacher in Korea and lived abroad with the military. Love to travel. Happy travels.

37. trevor says:

great to read ur latest post…

i do a similar thing.. working in switzerland as a waiter and travelling in between seasons, or quitting for 18 months to travel…. then finding work again in switzerland.. can save up to 3000$ a month. may be more with the tips…. BUT i never feel like i am “on the road” when i am here, cos i have too much work clothing that i need and a heavy lap top… i like to travel with 10kg max…. and be able to walk easily with my pack, which i cant do now, i live in staff accomodation, have not had a car in 12 years…. i dont even have a functioning cell phone.. and have never had an apprtment…. so i am pretty much homeless too……

happier that way…… i feel there is so much more to life….. out there to be discovered….
    best wishes Trevor

38. Alex says:

Interesting, that’s the real life you’re living.

39. Pingback: How I Can Still Afford My Life Of Constant Travel | BeANomad.com

40. Pingback: How I Can Still Afford My Life Of Constant Travel - Wandering Earl

41. artur says:

Wow! It’s all I can say!

42. Mallory says:

So inspiring! I’m a 19 year old college student about to go into my sophomore year of college. I believe gap years and traveling are the things that really shape a person and allow growth. Fortunately, I was able to go across the country for school and experience a new environment. I would, however, love to spend a good amount of my life after college traveling (like you have) except with a more international aid focus. My parents think my desire to travel is foolish and life is better when people are monetarily secure. What are your best recommendations at how I can talk to my parents, allowing them to see what is so fulfilling about a nomadic lifestyle, versus a conventional one? Also, hasn’t the price of traveling greatly increased since you began in 1999?

• While I’m not the official WanderingEarl, though we’ve met, I felt a need to respond to the last two comments as I can relate to both of them. While WanderingEarl posted a great reply to Shootdaj, I wanted to mention that there are summer jobs/internships for university students where they can earn enough to pay for school. My wife and I both participated in such a program and were able to graduate university debt free. That same internship turned into a full time job for us that allowed us to earn enough money in one year to pay for our 8 month world trip this year.
      In response to Mallory, I’ve worked with university students and, as a result, their parents, for years. Many parents will not understand how traveling, or other non-conventional endeavours, can be beneficial to your personal development. My dad didn’t understand why I took a summer internship that moved me across the country and didn’t guarantee a certain income, but when I return with a large savings from the summer and later paid for all my schooling, he had no complaints. So my suggestion is that sometimes your parents won’t understand the decisions you make but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t make them.
      Times have changed tremendously. Twenty years ago, a degree guaranteed you a job and financial security. Now, none of those are guarantees, and there are many other ways to financial security than just a traditional job.
      I think WanderingEarl is trying to show everyone that if you have the desire to make traveling a part of your life, don’t let all the ifs and buts stop you, because they will always be there. Take the first step and take a small chance, and you’ll see it’s not as hard as everyone else makes it out to be.

Hey Earl – Thank you for adding your input here and I think there are plenty of ways to pay off debt but most people just assume that it takes years and years to do so. Your experience certainly proves otherwise!

Hey Mallory – The truth is, your parents most likely won’t understand until you actually go out there, start traveling and making a life of it. It’s hard for people to see the value in something that they don’t know much about, especially something like long-term travel which does not fall in line with most people’s views on how people should live. But the key is to just stay focused, go after your goals anyway and eventually, once you’ve started to achieve them and your parents see that you are not wasting your life but enjoying a fulfilling, sustainable lifestyle instead, they will start to understand. As for the price of travel, some things get more expensive but in general, you can still find $3 hotel rooms in India, eat street food in Thailand for $1 and find inexpensive flights…traveling cheaply, and well, is still very possible all over the world!

43. shootdaj says:

Good post, although I think you might be missing the fact that many of us have debt (me personally from school) that has to be paid back before we can start spending whatever we earn on traveling etc. But that’s not to say that it cannot be done, just something to consider, though.

Hey Shootdaj – I graduated with debt as well, just like many people. However, I simply deferred the payments for a while until I could figure out a plan and once I started working on board cruise ships I began paying it all back as quickly as possible.

44. Elly says:

Are relationships harder because of it? Do you have to be alone?

Hey Elly – Not at all…I meet like-minded people all the time and have had a few long-term relationships over the years. There are challenges involved with maintaining a relationship but then again, there’s challenges involved with maintaining a relationship no matter what the situation!

45. El sabor says:

Wow this is truly fascinating!

This what my life is all about, very inspiring stuff

46. Sarang says:

Hi,
    You are living a dream life!! After reading this, I think I might start something like this in a smaller scale next year. By the way, I had a query; do you need a work permit or something to work in all these places? Even if it is something as simple as teaching english, I thought a tourist visa did not allow such luxuries.
    Thanks and hope you visit many more places!!
    P.S: Nice to see that you visited my country(India) many times! :)

Hey Sarang – In my case, the only jobs I’ve had that would require a work visa is teaching English. Working on cruise ships or working online (which I do now) doesn’t require a work visa at all. But with teaching English, I did not work for a language school or organization so I didn’t get a work visa. I just created my own classes and so I managed to do it all on a tourist visa since it wasn’t technically official :)

47. Jasmin says:

Are you happy living the life of a nomad?

Hey Jasmin – Yes I am! If I wasn’t happy I would change direction and do something else :)

• GoodCook says:

Sounds like a dream and so much fun! But just a doubt, i believe you’re a bachelor now,what about marriage? how can a married man/woman or a couple think about such a lifestyle?

@GoodCook – There are actually endless examples of married couples who are living this lifestyle…just check out my “Links” page and many of the blogs I mention are written by such couples, some of whom have been living this way for many years in a row. Also, you might want to have a read of my other post: Am I Destined to Wander the World All Alone?

48. Donna says:

Awesome! We hear the same thing…”You must be rich to do all that traveling! How do you do it?” Love the life!

49. Hi, i enjoyed your post. I was inspired. I also travel. I’m starting to trail my province and planning to have the whole country soon (Phil.)
    http://jessrelgilbuenasteps.wordpress.com/ please take a glimpse on my site. :)

50. mariolie says:

* Una historia fascinante =)